Sunday 28 February 2010

Panorama

Never really tried panoramics before so this was kind of fun. The addition of a tall slim tree to the occasion made things all the more intresting as I attempted to remain steady and take a series of shots while swaying slightly a few meters above the height of my house.

I think I will try these out quite a few more times, mainly from the tops of trees because I enjoy the challenge but if the view is stunning there is no need to limit it to the tree tops.  Scfold, blocks of flats, tall towers/land marks, steep hills all could do the trick.

anywhoo here is my first, round about 270 degrees as a big branch blocked the rest of my feild of view... which wouldn't have been particularly great even if the branch were not there, so I'm not too caught up about it.
(you definatley want to click this image to view it full size so as to appreciate it)



 Horfeild and Southmead at sunset - Bristol

It is a composite of 14 pictures and was made using autostitch which is a completley free and permanent and legal trial version of a bigger, better, prefesional program for making panoramics called Autopano which costs alot.

I am truely suprised that software this good is being given away by its creators without charge, how brilliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment