Saturday 7 May 2011

Hidcote

Hidcote is a house and gardens owned by the National Trust, and is apparently where the National Trust 'learned to garden' weather this is true I do not know but it does have stunning gardens. Fortunately my mother is a member of the National Trust and so when she went I tagged along for the ride. I distinctly remember visiting Hidcote about 2 years ago and frantically running around trying to take pictures of all the amazing flowers though at the time I did not own a camera of my own and so used my mums - this time of course my 550D came along for the trip. I was like a kid in a candy store ...






3 comments:

  1. Bcurrer, your photography captures the ardor and vehemence of the scene perfectly. I have a question for you: Could you explain to your less astute followers what the 'national trust' is? Also who is the dodgy looking gentleman in photograph number 2 (IMG_3384.jpg)

    ReplyDelete
  2. superb, as always, Ben! loving your work : )
    p.s where is Hidcote? I want to pay it a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaa- I was wandering if anyone would pick up on the poor composition of the 'doggy looking fellow' it was a very busy day so unfortunatley this was the best of a bad bunch.
    in answer to the other 2 questions - google it, it will give you a more comprehensive answer than I am capable of mustering. And if your not a member of the National Trust then its £10 entrance fee - not sure about parking but I imagine that costs too!

    ReplyDelete