Sunday 25 September 2011

Early Autumn

Autumn has made an unseasonally early appearance this year and I must admit I am not at all adverse to this. Yes the weather will get colder but this is England, it's always cold and the days are getting shorter but this does mean that you get to see both sunrise and sunset - or failing that then at least sunset at a reasonable hour meaning capturing it is far less of  a mission.

 Take for example this evening... our garden is home to a sycamore tree which is deep red/orange this time of year mix that in with a golden setting sun and you have yourself a thing of beauty. So obviously I attempted to capture it as best I could in the 'golden hour' that is sunset.



Now you may or may not have noticed but I prefer to take pictures of the smaller details, the tiny intricacies of creation that are so often skipped over, trodden on and generally ignored. Partially because I find them easier to capture than big things  (generally you can hold them in your hand and therefore manipulate composition to your hearts content) and partially because I like the idea of showing something that is so easily overlooked, yet has had so much attention and detail put into it, like the veins on leaves.



and also the true colour of an autumnal leaf - if these weren't back light by the sun they would be quite boring to look at. Oh and as is becoming tradition, my favourite last:


You may also have noticed another thing or two about this little space
1) I have taken to cropping some landscape images to a panoramic 8X2 or 8X4 ratio because I find it more appealing to the eye (what do you think of it?)
2) I love flare!

Welcome to Autumn, appreciate the spectacular deaths of leaves everywhere.

1 comment:

  1. What a great welcome to Autumn with those beautiful photo's, thank you Ben! Keep blogging, I shall become a regular again! Love Hannah x

    ReplyDelete