Sunday 31 January 2010

Nature, Compliments and Credit

So, In my previous post I totally forgot that I was not posting in chronological order! I did mention that I managed to get my hands on a decent camera before buying my own but never uploaded the pictures that I took with it, so here they are ...


 

 All except the lower centre and lower  right were taken on the downs, an amazing place to hang out at either sunset (which this was) or sunrise (which I intend to do at some point)

One thing I have found particularly funny when showing pictures I have taken (especially ones like the above) to people is when they compliment me on the photo! Not that I dont apreciate the compliment, because I do, its just that I didnt make what they are looking at - God did!

Now, I understand that actually there is talent involved in photography and that to a good photographer credit is due. However, I belive that alot of the time when people compliment photos it isnt because of the technical excellance, nor the composition, or even the prudence of the photographer for having a camera on them at the time but simply because the content of the photo is amazing! which when you think about it is just weird if the person behind the camera hasnt actually made or in some way caused what they are taking a photo of. The above photos are a perfect example, I was just on a little stroll home from college, saw an amazing sunset and captured it. I really have done very little to warrent praise. On the other hand, God did a fair amount of creating and sustaining praise be to him!


1 comment:

  1. I've found your blog! What a talented photographer you are Ben and what a wonderful creator to have the context ready for you to capture! It's great to see you have started a blog, keep it up! Unlike... me! I shall try...
    love Han x

    ReplyDelete