Friday 1 November 2013

Yoke


My head is down , remembering its place in the yoke
Compunction and terror, bahal
morally broke.

Is this a Joke?

How am I here again?!  Walking in the path of sinful men
Sitting in the seat of scoffers am I completely off my rocker?

How far can I fall, how deep does it go, have I no sense at all?
Am I just a sucker for a beating, do I still look for meaning in things that are fleeting?

Get up my soul. Stand firm. It's time to let the old man burn.

It was for freedom that Christ  set you free
 do not submit again to a yoke of slavery.

Remember it now and remember it well
 you have been released, no matter how far you fell.

He is your strong tower, your tower of refuge. He is the rock on which you stand and he shelters you under his wing.
Follow the Sheppard to the hiding place, tucked  away from the storm in the crevice of the mountain's shadow sing.

Surrounded by storm, fire, smoke and dust
quite yourself and trust.

/Selah/

Hear the still small voice of your loving father.
He calls you by name, feels your pain and reminds you again...


"Oh child of mine, you are known to me, even if you flee to the other side of the sea
 there is nowhere you can go that I won't be.
You are mine, my own and I will never leave you alone.
Don't you know how much this cost? Don't belittle what I have lost
My only son, that's right that's what I've done, the price I paid so you could come
Now sit down at the table take off that yoke remember you are planted by the river like a mighty oak
By the streams of living water your soul will be quenched, tread deeper and deeper get thoroughly drenched.
This grace is limitless, the ocean bottomless forget the superfluous worries of this world and fix your eyes on the prize and let your gaze rise to the skies cause I am coming back to rescue my bride.
So forget those chains of sin and put on this band of love, you are only here for a time but you were made for heaven above."


No comments:

Post a Comment