Monday 26 March 2012

Pilansburg

So it wouldn't be a trip to Africa if I didn't visit one of the amazing national parks. The opportunity arose yesterday (Which was also my mums 50th Birthday! Happy Birthday mum - I love you!)  to go to Pilansburg which was a 2 hour drive from our training base.


A friend lent me his 70-300 lens which came in very handy. We set off at 4 30 Am to get there for 6 30 Am and toured in the truck until 6 30 to get eat dinner and get back for 9 15.

This Kudu ran right across the road in front of us.






This Elephant charged at us which was a lot of fun. Fortunately he took more interest in the car that was on the other side of him so we got to follow as he chased them down the road. Good times.


Unfortunately we never saw any leopards, lions or buffalo but you can't have it all.
Also the fact that I had an 18 hour day on 6 hours of sleep and almost all of that was spent in the back of a car taking photos meant that I was unable to call my mum to wish her a happy 50th

Title font 'Afrika T Ubuntu'

No comments:

Post a Comment